Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is getting hot

I bought my ipad about 1 months ago and when I used my ipad with apple pencil (with goodnote app) ,it's getting hot and hotter at lower part of ipad screen(only at lower screen).

I don't have apple care. I wonder if there might have a solution for this problem.

Thank you

iPad Air, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 26, 2020 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 8:01 AM

Hot is relative.

Some heat is normal. The benchmark is ‘too hot to handle’. If your device gets so hot you cannot comfortably handle it then stop using it, do not charge it and make an appointment at an authorized service provider as soon as you can to get it checked out.

If it’s just warm when it charges or when you use it (especially graphic’s intensive things like games or movies) then that is normal. The battery generates heat as part of the charging process. The processor generates heat when it renders video and graphic images.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 8:01 AM in response to isaree272

Hot is relative.

Some heat is normal. The benchmark is ‘too hot to handle’. If your device gets so hot you cannot comfortably handle it then stop using it, do not charge it and make an appointment at an authorized service provider as soon as you can to get it checked out.

If it’s just warm when it charges or when you use it (especially graphic’s intensive things like games or movies) then that is normal. The battery generates heat as part of the charging process. The processor generates heat when it renders video and graphic images.

My ipad is getting hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.