Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Browser issue after Catalina 10.15.3 update

After updating to Catilina 10.15.3 most websites come up Safari Can't find server.  For example, I can go to apple.com to purchase something but get the error when attempting to use the discussions.apple.com link on apple.com.  Today's update to 10.15.4 did not correct the issue

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 26, 2020 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 7:15 PM

I would uninstall MacAfee, to include uninstalling the Safari extension. It tends to interfere with the computer's operation while providing minimal to no benefit. Most long time posters recommend not using antivirus software or cleaning software such as CleanMyMac.

McAfee Uninstall               near bottom of the page 

McAfee uninstall

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 7:15 PM in response to cnr3_Texas

I would uninstall MacAfee, to include uninstalling the Safari extension. It tends to interfere with the computer's operation while providing minimal to no benefit. Most long time posters recommend not using antivirus software or cleaning software such as CleanMyMac.

McAfee Uninstall               near bottom of the page 

McAfee uninstall

May 26, 2020 11:34 AM in response to cnr3_Texas

Try another browser as a test.

Firefox        10.9 or higher.     

Opera Browser        10.9 or higher.    

SeaMonkey      10.9 or higher8.     

Waterfox          10.8 or higher.    

If running Mojave or Catalina, you can also try Safari Technology Preview. Go to Safari/Preferences/Advanced and check Show Develop menu in menu bar. Go to the Develop menu and select Get Safari Technology Preview. Open from the Applications folder.

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

May 26, 2020 3:49 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric, thanks for the quick response.

I tried the current version of Firfox, no difference

I am running Mcaffee anti virus

No change with a 2nd admin

Safe mode seems to work.

Here is the Etrecheck report. I am unable to remove the Adobe Package mentioned in the report.

trying to insert the report, I’m exceeding the 5,000 character limit.

Browser issue after Catalina 10.15.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.