Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 screen black & white from contact with rain. Suggestions?

Hi,

I currently have an iphone 11 Pro for 6 months now. Yesterday i got caught in the rain, protected it as much as i could in a t-shirt and leather satchel, but it got slightly wet from the rain. Once back at the house i noticed the screen was black and white, no color. i put it in a glass container with rice for 2+ days, but the problem persisted. everything seems to work except for the fact that there is no color at all, and a few odd lines on the screen.

Any solutions? i contacted apple support ---$550 for repair!? Give me a break.

ive seen friends drop older versions of the iphones in puddles, toilets, streams, etc...and they survive, yet iphone 11, the most advanced version yet, can't withstand a few drops of rain?

thank you for advice to restore the color function, i appreciate it.

Athena

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on May 26, 2020 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 9:26 AM

Hi Athena1666,

Thanks for the post! I'd want to make sure my iPhone was working as well. As I understand it, your iPhone experienced liquid contact and you're now having some display issues.

As a reference, this has some good information on iPhone service options: iPhone Repair and Service

"Other iPhone repairs

Do you need a repair for other issues like the Home button or liquid damage?

• If your iPhone issue is covered by the Apple warranty, an AppleCare plan, or consumer law, there's no charge. This does not include accidental damage, which requires a fee.
  • If your iPhone has accidental damage and you have AppleCare+ coverage, you can use one of your accidental damage incidents to cover the repair. Each incident of accidental damage coverage is subject to an AppleCare+ service fee or a deductible, depending on your plan, as shown below. 
  • If your iPhone was damaged and you don't have AppleCare+ coverage, your repair fee will vary, depending on the repair, up to the out-of-warranty fee below. These out-of-warranty prices are for repairs made by Apple. Apple Authorized Service Providers may set their own fees."

If you've worked with Apple already and they recommended service, your best bet would be to continue working directly with Apple: Contact Apple Support

Best wishes.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 9:26 AM in response to Athena1666

Hi Athena1666,

Thanks for the post! I'd want to make sure my iPhone was working as well. As I understand it, your iPhone experienced liquid contact and you're now having some display issues.

As a reference, this has some good information on iPhone service options: iPhone Repair and Service

"Other iPhone repairs

Do you need a repair for other issues like the Home button or liquid damage?

• If your iPhone issue is covered by the Apple warranty, an AppleCare plan, or consumer law, there's no charge. This does not include accidental damage, which requires a fee.
  • If your iPhone has accidental damage and you have AppleCare+ coverage, you can use one of your accidental damage incidents to cover the repair. Each incident of accidental damage coverage is subject to an AppleCare+ service fee or a deductible, depending on your plan, as shown below. 
  • If your iPhone was damaged and you don't have AppleCare+ coverage, your repair fee will vary, depending on the repair, up to the out-of-warranty fee below. These out-of-warranty prices are for repairs made by Apple. Apple Authorized Service Providers may set their own fees."

If you've worked with Apple already and they recommended service, your best bet would be to continue working directly with Apple: Contact Apple Support

Best wishes.

iphone 11 screen black & white from contact with rain. Suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.