Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieve deleted text messages

How can I retrieve deleted text messages from a particular #/person?? If possible Id like to retrieve from the past 2 years. I have apple cloud. I never knew how to use the cloud and dont know if ALL phone content gets backed up or just stuff you specify. I have no idea how the cloud and backups work. I really need these messages. Help!

Posted on May 26, 2020 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 10:39 AM

IF you're unsure, then you didn't backup to icloud or itunes, so there is no recovery of that text message.

This is how you back up How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and if you haven't been doing it, then start now.

And if you did back up this is how you restore Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 10:39 AM in response to Deletedmessages-HELP

IF you're unsure, then you didn't backup to icloud or itunes, so there is no recovery of that text message.

This is how you back up How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and if you haven't been doing it, then start now.

And if you did back up this is how you restore Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

May 26, 2020 10:50 AM in response to Deletedmessages-HELP

I have icloud on and it has been for as long as I can remember and i have plenty of space. So i get auto backups and connect my phone every night, on wifi, and locked. So ive had auto backups. But i dont have a new phone. So i have all my apps, content etc on the phone. So do I have to do a complete restore to get old content?

Can I get messages from 2 years ago?

Retrieve deleted text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.