Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DV import into MacBook 2020.

My machine won’t recognise my Sony DCR-PC9E, I have the usb3, tb2, tb1, FireWire 400 and 800.

is it likely to be the cameras problem and or 400,800 to TB1 interfaces.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 26, 2020 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 11:07 PM

iMovie supports most tape based cameras. So likely yours is supported, although possibly not. In any event if you don't have another DV camera to use for the import you will need to troubleshoot. The problem could be a faulty cable or adapter, as you mention.

Coming out of your camcorder it looks like you have FW 800>4pin FW 400>to Thunderbolt into your Mac.

Try changing out your cables and/or adapters. There have been some adapter issues mentioned on this

forum. Make sure that you don't have a faulty socket.

One tip that sometimes triggers recognition is to get the Camcorder tape running before trying to download.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 11:07 PM in response to Smartin60

iMovie supports most tape based cameras. So likely yours is supported, although possibly not. In any event if you don't have another DV camera to use for the import you will need to troubleshoot. The problem could be a faulty cable or adapter, as you mention.

Coming out of your camcorder it looks like you have FW 800>4pin FW 400>to Thunderbolt into your Mac.

Try changing out your cables and/or adapters. There have been some adapter issues mentioned on this

forum. Make sure that you don't have a faulty socket.

One tip that sometimes triggers recognition is to get the Camcorder tape running before trying to download.

-- Rich

DV import into MacBook 2020.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.