Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad cannot reach activation server

ipad activation server cannot be reached

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on May 26, 2020 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 5:25 PM

Hi there! Thanks for contacting the Apple Community, I’m here to help you out today!

I apologize that you’re experiencing problems with your iPad’s Activation server. This happens sometimes, make sure that your internet/wifi connection is strong, or turn your router on and off. That may do the trick.

If that doesn’t work, go ahead and contact Apple Support through this link: http://www.support.apple.com

I hope this helps!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 5:25 PM in response to ictjames

Hi there! Thanks for contacting the Apple Community, I’m here to help you out today!

I apologize that you’re experiencing problems with your iPad’s Activation server. This happens sometimes, make sure that your internet/wifi connection is strong, or turn your router on and off. That may do the trick.

If that doesn’t work, go ahead and contact Apple Support through this link: http://www.support.apple.com

I hope this helps!

Jul 2, 2020 12:55 AM in response to Idahoisgreat

I have the same situation as you.

Mine's iPad mini 4 wifi model.

I cannot pass the activation screen. Like you, also have the activation server cannot be reached.

I already try change cable, change port and change computer/OS (Catalina and Win 10), use latest IPSW, restore, NADA! Nothing!

This is what Finder tells me.

This ipad is mine, not stolen, don't lock us out from our device.

Any idea how to solve this is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

THanks

Jun 24, 2020 11:50 AM in response to Anonymous6287

This response from Apple only refers us back to Apple Support which continues this same thread. It is not giving us an answer. I have an iPad which does not use a SIM card and I cannot activate it. I've tried the iTunes option and still it tells me: The iPad could not be activated because the activation information could not be obtained from the device. Disconnect your iPad, make sure the SIM card is inserted correctly and, if you use a SIM PIN, tap Unlock to enter it and then reconnect your iPad.

I would really appreciate your help to fix this issue.

Thank you.

ipad cannot reach activation server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.