Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I update from Sierra 10.12.6 to High Sierra 10.13?

Thanks for your help.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 26, 2020 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 6:07 PM

Yes, but don't use Firefox on the second link, it mess it up...

https://support.apple.com/kb/sp765?locale=en_US

https://itunes.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12

10 replies

Jul 12, 2020 6:06 PM in response to thall3760

I'm having the same issue when I try to download High Sierra. It says "This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS."

I currently have Sierra and my mac is from 2011 so it looks like this is the only updated OS I can download.

Has anyone found a solution to be able to download High Sierra?

Jul 13, 2020 9:06 AM in response to eyledesma

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications then a new copy more recent version can be downloaded.

Jul 13, 2020 9:06 AM in response to thall3760

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS High Sierra App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS High Sierra.app in Applications then a new copy more recent version can be downloaded.

Jul 13, 2020 9:07 AM in response to olliesade

Can I update from Sierra 10.12.6 to High Sierra 10.13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.