Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrade my Mac from Catalina back to Yosemite

How can I downgrade my Mac from the Catalina back to Yosemite. I have an embroidery sewing app and it won't run with the Catalina . Help please.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 26, 2020 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 8:15 PM

Hello,

You would need to prepare a macOS installation disk. You would then fully erase your Macintosh’s internal storage device. After macOS is installed you will not be able to restore from a backup (as the backup was conducted on a newer version of macOS).

Alternatively you may ask the application’s publisher if they have a 64-bit version of their application.

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS 10.10 Yosemite - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 8:15 PM in response to browneyegirl50

Hello,

You would need to prepare a macOS installation disk. You would then fully erase your Macintosh’s internal storage device. After macOS is installed you will not be able to restore from a backup (as the backup was conducted on a newer version of macOS).

Alternatively you may ask the application’s publisher if they have a 64-bit version of their application.

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS 10.10 Yosemite - Apple Support

Downgrade my Mac from Catalina back to Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.