Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I backup my iPhone

i want to backup my iPhone

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 26, 2020 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 9:27 PM

Hello! If you want to back up your iphone to iCloud (recommended), then go to

settings > *YOUR NAME* at the top, you might have to scroll down and then all the way up > iCloud > (scroll down) iCloud backup > backup now > (RECOMMENDED! turn on iCloud Backup, this will automatically back it up at night when its plugged in and on wifi)

if you want to do it on your computer, download iTunes from the apple website, then plug your phone in, it will prompt you to trust this computer on your phone, and on your computer it will ask you if you want to trust this device, say yes/accept to both. It should ask you if you want to backup your iPhone to your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 9:27 PM in response to Pwoiwor2015

Hello! If you want to back up your iphone to iCloud (recommended), then go to

settings > *YOUR NAME* at the top, you might have to scroll down and then all the way up > iCloud > (scroll down) iCloud backup > backup now > (RECOMMENDED! turn on iCloud Backup, this will automatically back it up at night when its plugged in and on wifi)

if you want to do it on your computer, download iTunes from the apple website, then plug your phone in, it will prompt you to trust this computer on your phone, and on your computer it will ask you if you want to trust this device, say yes/accept to both. It should ask you if you want to backup your iPhone to your computer.

How can I backup my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.