Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location services freezing and setting app crashes after iPadOS 13.5 update

Since I updated my iPad Pro 11 inch (2nd gen) I can no longer access the location services. After pressing the location services first the screen becomes unresponsive (except for swiping up to quit setting) then after few seconds the app closes it self.

I have tried restart and hard reset but the issue persists

Posted on May 27, 2020 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 2:45 AM

Ensure that you have a current iCloud or iTunes backup. Having verified that you have a precautionary backup of your device, as a first attempt at resolving the problem, you should Reset All Settings:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

This reset should not delete any locally storage data from your iPad - but you, following reset, you will need to re-enter some settings (including WiFi passwords).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 2:45 AM in response to QTR-MD

Ensure that you have a current iCloud or iTunes backup. Having verified that you have a precautionary backup of your device, as a first attempt at resolving the problem, you should Reset All Settings:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

This reset should not delete any locally storage data from your iPad - but you, following reset, you will need to re-enter some settings (including WiFi passwords).

May 27, 2020 2:05 AM in response to QTR-MD

The first step to resolving unexpected difficulties, or an isolated issue, is to force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Location services freezing and setting app crashes after iPadOS 13.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.