Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipados 13.5 battery drain

i noticed my ipad pro 11inches to have the battery draining about 10 to 20% after charging it to 100%. i turn off my ipad pro in the evening when the battery is fully charged then i noticed the drain in the morning when i ipen the unit. is there a fix to this issue? i read in the apple forum that after an ipados update, it usually takes 24 to 48 hours for the ipad to normalize. ill continue to monitor the battery drain, hopefully its not permanent. i do hope someone would provide a solution. thanks

albert

Posted on May 27, 2020 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 3:04 PM

Yeah, I have been working with apple directly, pulling logs...etc. They are supposed to reach out to me on Monday/Tuesday to give me some updates on it since they obtained all the logs and information from my iPad.

I’ll keep this thread updated with whatever I find out.

While I am not happy about it, I’m glad it’s a bug, and not my iPad.

One more thing to note that I have noticed this doesn’t happen all the time when it is off. It’s almost 50/50 chance of it discharging while it is actually off. While it is on, the discharge is going at a normal rate.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 3:04 PM in response to tsunami2311

Yeah, I have been working with apple directly, pulling logs...etc. They are supposed to reach out to me on Monday/Tuesday to give me some updates on it since they obtained all the logs and information from my iPad.

I’ll keep this thread updated with whatever I find out.

While I am not happy about it, I’m glad it’s a bug, and not my iPad.

One more thing to note that I have noticed this doesn’t happen all the time when it is off. It’s almost 50/50 chance of it discharging while it is actually off. While it is on, the discharge is going at a normal rate.

Jun 2, 2020 3:00 PM in response to QuickPost

I'm having the same issue with my 2018 iPad Pro 11". Started with iOS 13.5, I was kind of happy to see 13.5.1, hoping it would fix it, but it did not. Apple contacted me and pulled diagnostic information from the iPad, and I expect to hear back from them on Thursday again. Hopefully they fix this! It's driving me crazy.

Jun 7, 2020 10:11 AM in response to albertdc321

I went to use my ipad pro 11" after the update and the battery was drained. Before the update, it could sit for a week with 100% battery. I charged it fully last night at 7pm and today at noon I checked it again. The battery drained to 60%! not even 24 hours!

This is terrible. I've always been lucky with os updates but guess it was my turn to get a bug.

Apple PLEASE Fix this!!!!! ASAP!!!

ipados 13.5 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.