You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find MacOS after bootcamp

I installed windows 10 on my MacBook Air 2017 and have been using it for a few days. Today I wanted to go to MacOS but couldn't. Restart in MacOS option in Bootcamp delivers a error message that, "could not locate MacOS boot volume." and if I hold option on startup, two options appear. Both is windows 10. One is the one I have installed and another prompts me to install windows 10 but no Mac option appear. How can I get back to mac OS?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 27, 2020 7:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 3:59 AM

Simple answer is yes. You can leave the current Windows installation intact and erase the macOS partition in macOS Recovery. However, you lose the ability to install updates for your Mac. You may want to consider installing macOS on an external disk as an option. See Reinstall macOS - Apple Support for reference.

5 replies

Can't find MacOS after bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.