Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacAir screen is flickering

Hi, I am new to MacOS and i got mac air 2020 with I3. My problem is; my mac screen is flickering when I watch Netflix or appleTV. So, I google it and it says to turn off the automatic graphic switching. But I can't find that in my battery saver and can someone help me with this please? Thank You.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 27, 2020 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 9:52 AM

Hello Julie,

You are not able to find the option "Automatic Graphics Switching" because there is not one available in a MacBook Air. MacBook Air does not have a secondary graphics unit to switch to.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. 

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 9:52 AM in response to Julie_Payne

Hello Julie,

You are not able to find the option "Automatic Graphics Switching" because there is not one available in a MacBook Air. MacBook Air does not have a secondary graphics unit to switch to.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. 

Axel F.

My MacAir screen is flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.