Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in Recovery Mode - Mid 2012 13" MacBook Pro

Since the appstore wasn't working for me, I decided to download Sierra from USB stick and try to upgrade from el capitan. So when i changed my boot drive to the USB stick, I tried to erase the HDD and it unmounted it. It wouldn't let me mount it again so im stuck in recovery mode and it won't let me boot normally or install sierra since it can only be booted on the stick and it won't let me boot up the macbook pro. Every time I try to erase HDD it says operation failed and it is full and won't let me boot sierra on the HDD and im stuck in recovery mode, what do I do?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 27, 2020 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 9:01 AM

DaRidze wrote:

Since the appstore wasn't working for me, I decided to download Sierra from USB stick and try to upgrade from el capitan. So when i changed my boot drive to the USB stick, I tried to erase the HDD and it unmounted it. It wouldn't let me mount it again so im stuck in recovery mode and it won't let me boot normally or install sierra since it can only be booted on the stick and it won't let me boot up the macbook pro. Every time I try to erase HDD it says operation failed and it is full and won't let me boot sierra on the HDD and im stuck in recovery mode, what do I do?

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 9:01 AM in response to DaRidze

DaRidze wrote:

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Stuck in Recovery Mode - Mid 2012 13" MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.