Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What equipment and/or chords do I need in order to connect my Panasonic AG-DV2500 player deck properly to my computer

What equipment and/or chords do I need in order to connect my Panasonic AG-DV2500 player deck properly to my Apple computer?

MacBook

Posted on May 27, 2020 12:08 PM

5 replies

May 27, 2020 6:43 PM in response to finebydefinition

You’d need either a firewire cable, s/video cable, line out rca 2 cable And that should be in

to get the video into your Mac you’d need a capture device of some sort. Elgato used do make something was would work...maybe black magic. iMovie may capture video using the firewire port. I don’t know if you have one or not—don’t know the model of your Mac either

final cut pro may work

jb

May 28, 2020 2:48 PM in response to finebydefinition

Nope that’ll do it. Looks like the dv port on the back of the Panasonic ag-dv 2500 is 4 pin firewire and the one on Your MacBook Pro mid 2009 is a firewire 800. Believe it or not firewire was considered to be quite the thing and the future way back when, now it’s almost history. I’d say see if iMovie recognizes it. Final Cut Pro should recognize it, but I don’t know if you have it, or iMovie for that matter. It used to be included free of charge(iMovie) ,but no more. Your best bet would be, as was said, to contact panasonic or post on the iMovie/final cut pro forums. I know it worked with a consumer grade dv camcorder with firewire on it, but this ain’t it. Never having used a Panasonic unit like that, I’m stumped. You’re going to have to find an expert or someone smarter than me. The deck is natively supported in Final Cut Pro 4 though... that’s all I have

john b

What equipment and/or chords do I need in order to connect my Panasonic AG-DV2500 player deck properly to my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.