Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firmware password not able to enter

i know my firmware password but I just can’t type it in the field. The mouse is visible. I tried to reboot with the Cmd + R but it wouldn’t take me to recovery mode. In the worst position ever. So worried that I will loose my data as I wasn’t able to back up during the quarantine time. Is there anything that can be done to type in the firmware password on the locked screen.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 27, 2020 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 12:15 AM

Do you have a non-working keyboard on that MacBook Air? I ask because you should be able to enter your Firmware Password with your built-in Keyboard.

Can you try using an external keyboard and see if that works? Preferably a keyboard connected via USB.

Axel F.

4 replies

May 30, 2020 1:59 AM in response to arjun188

Hello Arjun,

We are stuck on entering Firmware Password. I believe that you know and have that password and are unable to enter it using either your internal keyboard or your bluetooth keyboard. I hope that they technicians in Dubai try and enter your firmware password with a USB connected keyboard. Bottom line, Arjun, is to make sure that you know the Firmware password and those technicians have it otherwise there is no way around it without it except to change out the logic board which is going to be very expensive. Note that the firmware password is usually separate from your log in password on the MacBook.

Axel F.

Firmware password not able to enter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.