Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2017 model. Not getting power on

MacBook Air is not getting power on and unexpected shutdown is happening in the MacBook Air. What could be the possible reasons for the above issue? Can I rectify it on my own or I have to take it to repair center?

Posted on May 27, 2020 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 12:36 AM

Is your charger able to charge your battery? In other words do you believe that your charger is working properly? Run your MacBook on Battery and see if the same thing happens. If it does then try these basic troubleshooting techniques-

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. 

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, you can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 12:36 AM in response to NAVEEN3141

Is your charger able to charge your battery? In other words do you believe that your charger is working properly? Run your MacBook on Battery and see if the same thing happens. If it does then try these basic troubleshooting techniques-

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. 

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, you can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

MacBook Air 2017 model. Not getting power on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.