Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Audio work via USB? Wanted to check before swapping!

Hi all,

I recently made the mistake of switching from years of iPhone to a samsung (I was just bored) The S20+ audio does not work via USB, which is a big issue for me as it doesn't work in my car. Before I go and switch back to apple, I just wanted to make sure that the 11 Pro WILL work with audio via a USB cable? Thank you :)

Posted on May 28, 2020 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 3:03 AM

Know it here --> How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car ...

Connect using USB playback

1. Restart your device and your car.
  2. Make sure that your device is unlocked and on the Home screen.
  3. If possible, try to connect using another cable or USB port. Check the manual that came with your car to learn how to connect an Apple device.
  4. Check your charging port for any debris or damage. Make sure that your charging cable is properly inserted into the port.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.
  7. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, contact Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 3:03 AM in response to whats_an_alias?

Know it here --> How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car ...

Connect using USB playback

1. Restart your device and your car.
  2. Make sure that your device is unlocked and on the Home screen.
  3. If possible, try to connect using another cable or USB port. Check the manual that came with your car to learn how to connect an Apple device.
  4. Check your charging port for any debris or damage. Make sure that your charging cable is properly inserted into the port.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.
  7. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, contact Apple Support.

Does Audio work via USB? Wanted to check before swapping!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.