Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I add family members to my family apple music subscription?

Posted on May 28, 2020 6:26 AM

3 replies

Jun 9, 2020 7:31 PM in response to rgwus

Why hasn't Apple kept up with the pace of allowing essentially unlimited access based on users or seats or whatever you want to call it.

Nobody here can answer your "why" question.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Please get it together Apple before I, and I'm sure others decide to jump. I love this product and the environment...yet if you don't keep it simple, and with us raising 5 grandkids we need simple, then we'll have to seek other alternatives. I know there are those who have had the forethought to deal with larger families. I mean look at the business models for software users. It's already there.

You are not speaking to Apple here.

Jun 9, 2020 6:55 PM in response to balldori

Greetings - I have a family of 7 with 5 minor [grand]children. I finally purchased a 5th tablet for the 3 year old and find that I cannot add her into the family plan so we can manage her time and access to all the _stuff_ available out here in cyberspace. Why hasn't Apple kept up with the pace of allowing essentially unlimited access based on users or seats or whatever you want to call it. I highly recommend that you consider implementing a change where as if a family is in excess of the baseline number, for instance you have 6 (or 5 with the managing user counted), for every family member added you increase the fee for the monthly services - we have the 2 TB backup service we pay, the family music, and a few shared games that were purchased. I'm sure people who have his large family would very much appreciate having a single sign-on versus creating a secondary sign-on to increase their family size from 6 to 12. I have laptops for the kids and the _other_ environment allows all of us to be managed under one login - and it allows me to give a little more freedom to the older kids as they show they can be more responsible - Please get it together Apple before I, and I'm sure others decide to jump. I love this product and the environment...yet if you don't keep it simple, and with us raising 5 grandkids we need simple, then we'll have to seek other alternatives. I know there are those who have had the forethought to deal with larger families. I mean look at the business models for software users. It's already there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.