Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charges for Music when I have the $9.99 monthly music plan

I have the Apple Music Plan that is $9.99/mth. I have never once been billed for songs that I download with this unlimited plan. You guys have made multiple charges to my bank account recently for songs. Why? I am current with my $9.99 plan and the whole purpose of having that is for unlimited access to music listening and downloads. So why am I being charged separately for each song I download now?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 28, 2020 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 2:33 PM

If you are using the Music App to download music then you should not be charged.

This is the Music App on an iOS device:

If you are using the iTunes Store App, then you will be charged.

This is the iTunes Store App on an iOS device:

Which app are you downloading the music from exactly?

If you see prices for the music when you download then you are in the wrong place.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 2:33 PM in response to Stacydosch03

If you are using the Music App to download music then you should not be charged.

This is the Music App on an iOS device:

If you are using the iTunes Store App, then you will be charged.

This is the iTunes Store App on an iOS device:

Which app are you downloading the music from exactly?

If you see prices for the music when you download then you are in the wrong place.

Jun 5, 2020 11:59 AM in response to Stacydosch03

No one is suggesting that you are an idiot. Just trying to cover all angles to make sure whatever is charging you is not because of someone you did.

You can go into your Purchase history and try to match the charges on your card statement to the Purchase history to see if you can link the entries on your statement to actual purchases on your Apple ID.

See here: See your purchase history for the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

As mentioned, you should also be getting emails for all these charges detailing what they are for.

Jun 2, 2020 3:28 PM in response to apfelkopf

I download songs through Apple Music. I am being charged for those downloaded as well as my $9.99/mth. I can’t even tell you the last time I used ITunes to buy music, when I have the $9.99 plan through Apple Music. Every song I’ve downloaded in the last couple weeks, I’ve been charged for and y’all charged me my $9.99 as well. So something needs corrected and I need a refund. All four are pictured below coming out of my checking account. There should be one charge a month from Apple and that is the $10.59 which is the $9.99+tax. Can you please look the others up and get back to me ASAP. Thank you!

Jun 2, 2020 3:47 PM in response to Stacydosch03

Not sure what’s happening but you should not be able to purchase music from the Music App. All music purchases go through the iTunes Store. Have you reached out to Apple to make sure that the charges were for songs and not Apps by chance? This is a user-to-user forum so nobody from Apple is here nor do we have a way to see what the charges were for.

Charges for Music when I have the $9.99 monthly music plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.