Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Message Videos Received with No Sound

Every time I received a video via message video from a friend with an Android, the video plays but with no sound. Other friends with iPhones receive the same video with no problems, they hear sound just fine.

I have an iPhone 10. I have one other friend with an iPhone 10 who is having the same problem. Yes, our volume is turned all the way up. Is there some kind of setting we do not know about?

iPhone X

Posted on May 28, 2020 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 7:54 AM

I am one of the friends that can’t hear the video! I have an iPhone 8 Plus and even when I download to photos it has no sound and doesn’t give an option for sound. I’ve attached a photo of what I see when I download.

2 replies

May 29, 2020 1:36 PM in response to Ulliebully

Hi there, Ulliebully.

I see that you're having problems playing videos that were attached to a text message. When you try to play the video, there's no sound, and I'm glad to help with this.

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- Save the video attachment to Files or Photos app. Does the sound play there?

If the video plays fine after you save it, please provide the answer to the following questions:

Which iOS is your iPhone X currently on?

When you look at the video attachment in Messages is there a icon of a speaker with an "x" on it? If there is, do you hear sound when you tap it?

What type of video is being received? Is it from YouTube or one the sender created?

Let me know how that goes.

Take care.

Text Message Videos Received with No Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.