You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charger buzzing sound and gets very hot

I bought a new magsafe adapter charger for my macbook pro from best buy 3 months ago. Today I noticed my magsafe adapter charger makes a buzzing sound if my ears are close to it. I was unsure whether it was normal for it to have a slight buzzing sound. Also, when I touch the connector part it is extremely hot.

I'm unsure if the charger is faulty?

Mac Pro

Posted on May 28, 2020 11:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 12:01 AM

They can get pretty warm, but I have never, ever heard even the slightest of buzzing noises, or any noises from them, for that matter.

My suggestion is to take it in to the Apple Store when you can and they should replace it under warranty (most original Apple products have at least a one year limited warranty).

If you don't have the option of going in to an Apple Store anytime soon, considering the current pandemic, and that Apple stores generally are inside the malls, try and contact Apple's Support. They have a chat that's pretty useful, just choose your device and issue:

https://getsupport.apple.com/

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2020 12:01 AM in response to Jlsky1

They can get pretty warm, but I have never, ever heard even the slightest of buzzing noises, or any noises from them, for that matter.

My suggestion is to take it in to the Apple Store when you can and they should replace it under warranty (most original Apple products have at least a one year limited warranty).

If you don't have the option of going in to an Apple Store anytime soon, considering the current pandemic, and that Apple stores generally are inside the malls, try and contact Apple's Support. They have a chat that's pretty useful, just choose your device and issue:

https://getsupport.apple.com/

May 29, 2020 9:22 AM in response to MeeceIT

Thank you for the reply.

I contacted Apple support last night and the person told me " The warranty would not be offered for this power adapter as the warranty would only apply to the original adapter that came with the device. However warranty would be offered by the place of purchase". I didn't know buying it at best buy would be a problem. I am confused how the warranty would not apply.

When I try to get onto apple support it just shows me a 403 Forbidden page. :(

Charger buzzing sound and gets very hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.