Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini slowly heats up after updating to macOS 10.15.5

Hello all

I have late 2014 Mac Mini and recently updated to MacOS 10.15.5.

Before the update, my machine would run at about 40 celsius on a light workload (easy web browsing). But now, after the update, the temperature would rise slowly even when on the same kind of light work load, and would stay at about 50 celsius.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem and does anyone know if there is a way to lower the running temperature?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

M

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 29, 2020 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 6:37 AM

Check your CPU Processes using Activity Monitor.

see > How to use Activity Monitor on your Mac - Apple Support

What are you using to monitor the Temp's? 50C / 122F is cool and really nothing to get worry about.

2 replies

Jun 3, 2020 7:18 PM in response to Polarons

I'm noticing this same thing. I have a 15" 2016 Macbook Pro that also hovered around 35-40℃ during light work loads but now is around 50-60℃ after the update to 10.15.5.

I did notice though that turning off the "Battery Health" feature added in this patch allowed the temperatures to slowly drop to lower temperatures but still, not quite as low as pre-update levels.

Mac mini slowly heats up after updating to macOS 10.15.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.