Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to add more storage to my I phone . How do I do it ?

I need to add more storage to my IPhone . How am I able to do this ?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on May 29, 2020 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 8:01 AM

You cannot add storage to the phone. You can increase your iCloud storage which may help in some circumstances See: About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

note the following from that link:

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2020 8:01 AM in response to 0925ewp

You cannot add storage to the phone. You can increase your iCloud storage which may help in some circumstances See: About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

note the following from that link:

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using.

May 29, 2020 8:03 AM in response to 0925ewp

The internal storage of iPhone, of iPad, and of most recent Macs, cannot be upgraded.

Here, your choices are to off-load and/or to delete, or to replace with a new or a new-to-you iPhone.

Here is how to check and how to offload:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

An iPhone 6+ is no longer supported by iOS, so a hardware upgrade is certainly a reasonable option here. And newer iPhones are substantially faster than an iPhone 6.

May 29, 2020 8:39 AM in response to deggie

I took a screen shot of my iPhone storage. Then I attached that screenshot to a text that I sent myself. When I go back into storage -> Review Attachements from Messages, I find the screenshot that I texted. Please help me then if you are saying that photos and attachments in texts do not save in more than one location.

I need to add more storage to my I phone . How do I do it ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.