Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware removal

Looking to get rid of progress expert.app. Can I use FindAllFiles to remove relevant files? It sees to come up when I open Safari. Is it a Safari plug in?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 29, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 10:46 AM

If you know what to look for you can use it. However, there could be several supporting files that might not have the exact name you're searching for.

I'd try Ronasara's suggestion first, Malwarebytes.

Also to help prevent future issues read this user tip: Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community   

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2020 10:46 AM in response to jherndo

If you know what to look for you can use it. However, there could be several supporting files that might not have the exact name you're searching for.

I'd try Ronasara's suggestion first, Malwarebytes.

Also to help prevent future issues read this user tip: Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community   

May 29, 2020 11:20 AM in response to Old Toad

• ProgressiveExpert.app appeared to be a safari extension, but could not be uninstalled.

• FaF for ProgressiveExpert found 140 files, After they were deleted, the safari extension was gone.

• Although the file removal seemed to work, I also downloaded Malwarebytes and ran it. It claimed to find and quarantine other threats.

• Link provided by Old Toad is a good reminder of common sense practices, Thanks

Malware removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.