Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HBO Now is no longer on my Apple TV what happened?

HBO Now is no longer on my Apple TV what happened? My Apple TV is about 8 years old and works fine. I am paying for HBO but that may stop soon.

Posted on May 29, 2020 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 10:55 AM

That is correct, HBO NOW was discontinued on the Apple TV 3's and earlier this month. HBO did notify customers however it seems you missed that.

If you want HBO NOW, it has been replaced by HBO MAX on May 27th. HBO Max is available at no additional charge on Apple TV HD & Apple TV 4K models. Therefore if you want to continue watching HBO content on an Apple TV you will need to upgrade.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2020 10:55 AM in response to CorriByrne

That is correct, HBO NOW was discontinued on the Apple TV 3's and earlier this month. HBO did notify customers however it seems you missed that.

If you want HBO NOW, it has been replaced by HBO MAX on May 27th. HBO Max is available at no additional charge on Apple TV HD & Apple TV 4K models. Therefore if you want to continue watching HBO content on an Apple TV you will need to upgrade.

May 29, 2020 11:12 AM in response to CorriByrne

It may still be working fine but that device has long since been discontinued and does not have the capability to run apps, only server-based 'channels'. Apple still supports it for a server version of their TV app and minor firmware updates, but many 3rd party providers have been abandoning their server counterparts in order to focus on the apps that run on current devices, HBO is just the latest one to do so.

HBO Now is no longer on my Apple TV what happened?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.