Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV "Channels" - Help with how to watch, manage, etc.

I'm soooo tired of these streaming services and how unintuitive they all are...

I signed up for CBS All Access through the AppleTV app. It took me a frustrating half hour of trying to log into the CBS All Access app before I realized that a CBS-AA subscription via their app is different from a CBS-AA channel subscription via the AppleTV (which is also apparently different from a CBS-AA subscription using iTunes?).

My question is... Can I watch stuff from this CBS All Access channel on a web browser or do I HAVE to be on a mobile device using the AppleTV app? I found the tv.apple.com website and logged into that, but it's literally just a layer-cake pile of AppleTV Originals with no navigation or search capability, and no channels.

Posted on May 29, 2020 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 5:25 PM

Apple TV app Channels are exclusive to the Apple TV app. No web access there. The Apple TV app is available on other devices besides mobile. Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

To watch the networks of the same name on the web, you need to subscribe to them outside of the Apple TV app.

Subscription plans and pricing - CBS All Access

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2020 5:25 PM in response to sarahfelldown

Apple TV app Channels are exclusive to the Apple TV app. No web access there. The Apple TV app is available on other devices besides mobile. Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

To watch the networks of the same name on the web, you need to subscribe to them outside of the Apple TV app.

Subscription plans and pricing - CBS All Access

AppleTV "Channels" - Help with how to watch, manage, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.