Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call received that my Apple iCloud account has been breached - May 29, 2020

I have received six (6) voicemail messages on my iPhone from the following telephone numbers:

866-518-7*** 866-587-0***, 866-572-0***, 866-594-2*** to call back on this number 208-262-0*** that my account has been breached and should contact Apple support advisor.

These messages left on my phone seem to be a hacker trying to get my personal information. I am concern and want to warn others about this. I have put a blocked on all those numbers and deleted the messages.

Thank you.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 29, 2020 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 2:04 PM

I received four (4) voicemails, so far, on my iPhone from the next numbers:

(516) ***-**75

(516) ***-**63

(516) ****-**10

(516) ****-**54

with the following message:

"Before using any Apple device please contact Apple support advisor press one to connect with Apple support advisor two to listen to this message again or if you wish to contact us later please call us on my toll-free number **** thank you..."

I have not answer any of the calls, because I thinks it is a scam.

I have received all calls today, June 26, 2020.

They keep calling. Actually, I got a call from the last number while writing this.

Is there a way to make them stop? Or how do I report the number?

Thank you,

[Edited by Moderator]

56 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2020 2:04 PM in response to MyDiva

I received four (4) voicemails, so far, on my iPhone from the next numbers:

(516) ***-**75

(516) ***-**63

(516) ****-**10

(516) ****-**54

with the following message:

"Before using any Apple device please contact Apple support advisor press one to connect with Apple support advisor two to listen to this message again or if you wish to contact us later please call us on my toll-free number **** thank you..."

I have not answer any of the calls, because I thinks it is a scam.

I have received all calls today, June 26, 2020.

They keep calling. Actually, I got a call from the last number while writing this.

Is there a way to make them stop? Or how do I report the number?

Thank you,

[Edited by Moderator]

Oct 26, 2020 7:07 AM in response to Baumwirt

As I am sure it has been said many times in this thread, but Apple DOES NOT CALL CUSTOMERS TO REPORT COMPROMISE. You will find out on your own that your account has an issue and call them. And why can't you call Apple? Thats what their tech support and security teams are for? If you believe you may have your account compromised see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204145 for more details.

Aug 12, 2020 11:35 AM in response to ReginaTwibill

Have had over 10 calls today. Messed with them by connecting with 'Apple Support' engineer (heavy accent).

I asked him to verify he was with Apple, he said don't worry I will answer that later.

Demanded I navigate to

http://www.helpme.net/applesupport

That is a remote sharing app - I refused

Claiming network is breached and it is allowing access to iCloud, wanted to change system network settings.

Had me run the Windows netstat command to show how many connections to my system there were, claimed that those are not ok.

I told him there is no way Apple would have me work on an unknown device to them claiming it was effecting their iCloud service. He hung up.

What a joke, but a big annoyance with the huge number of calls that I have received. Filling up my voice mail. No way to report the issue as they are rotating the number called from

Oct 13, 2020 6:25 AM in response to ISkinSuper

I have been receiving the same post. I call the apple support number and after 6 minutes of waiting, I hear "Good-bye" and am disconnected. I called again this morning and the voice said "Thank you for calling Amazon, but then he jung up quickly"

I have refuse to send all my info, such as name, add. etc and also credit card # etc. How can I report this and have some action take?

Dec 15, 2020 5:03 PM in response to MyDiva

Received at least four phone calls stating my Apple account has been breached. Four different phone numbers with numbers resembling my phone number. Gave a toll-free number to call back to speak with support. Looked up prefix of toll free number and it is not a correct toll-free number. I would like to know what the actual procedure is from Apple if they contact a client about the account. Is it an e-mail, a phone call..... will the ID state "Apple." How does a user know what is real and what is fraudulent? Thank You.

Call received that my Apple iCloud account has been breached - May 29, 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.