Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

looking for Mini DisplayPort to thunderbolt adapter

Hello! I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro that I am trying to connect to an apple monitor that is slightly newer (2015 ish). Can anyone help me with a Mini DisplayPort to Thunderbolt adapter or similar option to connect the two?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 29, 2020 6:52 PM

5 replies

May 30, 2020 8:19 AM in response to jhulsey

I agree with Grant. For other protocols like HDMI, DVI, etc. you can sometimes find "active" adapters that do funky things to manipulate signals in ways they were never meant to be manipulated. But those are flakey by definition. Nobody is going to bother building anything like that for the tiny Apple Thunderbolt Display market. Even Apple abandoned that market, after all. These days, you could sell that 2010 MacBook Pro and you still wouldn't even have enough money for the monitor stand for Apple's current Thunderbolt Display.

looking for Mini DisplayPort to thunderbolt adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.