Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Adapter Extension Cable from macbook pro retina 2014

Hi,

I just bought a new Macbook Pro 2020. Pretty happy with the product. Unfortunately, there is no Power Adapter Extension Cable include in the box. Question is, Can I just use the "Power Adapter Extension Cable" from my existing Macbook pro retina 2014 connect to the "61W USB‑C Power Adapter"? (from the new MacBook Pro) I'm afraid of the power supply problem that might occur and break my new Macbook Pro. Please suggest.

Regards,

Teerapat

Posted on May 30, 2020 2:06 AM

2 replies

May 30, 2020 9:27 AM in response to Teerapat_Xeus

Teerapat_Xeus wrote:

Hi,

I just bought a new Macbook Pro 2020. Pretty happy with the product. Unfortunately, there is no Power Adapter Extension Cable include in the box. Question is, Can I just use the "Power Adapter Extension Cable" from my existing Macbook pro retina 2014 connect to the "61W USB‑C Power Adapter"? (from the new MacBook Pro) I'm afraid of the power supply problem that might occur and break my new Macbook Pro. Please suggest.

Regards,
Teerapat

Yes, they stopped including the 3 prong ground extension— I guess the profit margin wasn't high enough for Apple(?)

The extension cord is just that— and interchangeable yes.

Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

Power Adapter Extension Cable from macbook pro retina 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.