Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music between laptop and ipad is out of sync

I have a MacBook Pro 13in 2017 with the latest OS and latest Music app and I have an iPad Air 3rd gen with the latest OS and latest Music app. However, when I sync the two, it's not right. As an example, I created a new playlist with 12 songs on the laptop and when I sync to the iPad, the playlist is there but with only 9 songs. Very frustrating.

I have gone into settings and unchecked "sync music onto iPad Air" and then sync'd, but that doesn't actually remove anything from the iPad. When I recheck it, it's still the same problem.

Any suggestions?

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 30, 2020 10:33 AM

6 replies

Jun 1, 2020 9:55 AM in response to sfgarrett

Hello sfgarrett,

Thank you for contacting the Apple Support Community! I see you are having issues with your music playlist synchronization between your MacBook Pro and your iPad Air. It is important to be able to view all your playlists on all devices.

This articles shares guidelines for syncing your iPad with your MacBook Pro.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer.

This article shares information if you have missing songs after syncing.

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library.

Also, make sure that your iPad is connected to the Wi-Fi when trying to sync, then check your Apple ID to see if it is prompting for your password.

Manage Apple ID and iCloud settings on iPhone.

Take Care!

Music between laptop and ipad is out of sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.