Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access email, Safari, through Xfinity homepage

My iMac desktop started today, Saturday May 30 - if that makes a difference. I can open my Xfinity homepage, but when I click on the mail icon I get a notice "Safari cannot open page. Cannot establish a secure connection." Tried everything I could think of, including talking to Apple Techical, but not worked to correct. I have Firefox as a backup, and that works fine. ANy suggest on how I can correct and access email

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 30, 2020 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 10:51 AM

Hello, Don Gee.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand you're having troubles access your Xfinity web email using Safari. It's important to be able to view your email and it's good you have another method. I'd like to help with the issue on Safari. Have you tried the steps from this article? If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

In that same article, also try clearing your history by going to History > Clear History and Website Data.

Also, make sure that you're using the latest macOS version possible: How to update the software on your Mac

Keep me updated.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 10:51 AM in response to Don Gee

Hello, Don Gee.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand you're having troubles access your Xfinity web email using Safari. It's important to be able to view your email and it's good you have another method. I'd like to help with the issue on Safari. Have you tried the steps from this article? If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

In that same article, also try clearing your history by going to History > Clear History and Website Data.

Also, make sure that you're using the latest macOS version possible: How to update the software on your Mac

Keep me updated.

Cheers!

Jun 1, 2020 11:29 AM in response to rose_10

Why does everything go wrong on the weekend? Anyway, today, Monday, called my local Apple (iMac) dealer. His thoughts is that Safari (11.0.2) is outdated. Current version 13.1. My iMc is over 8 years old - ancient in computer years. Using OSX 10.11, El Capitan. Current is OSX 10.15: Catalina (Jazz). Decided to just buy a new one. They're all on back-order! More implication from Covid-19! Thanks for response.

Access email, Safari, through Xfinity homepage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.