Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Huge concerns on a FaceTime bug

I called FaceTime to my partner but redirecting to an unknown person. Later I received an iMessage text from my partner ask me to stop calling which was apparently sent from that unknown person as it is not appeared on my partner’s iPhone. Surely people got annoying too when kept receiving my FaceTime call.

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE THAT COULD LEAK PERSONAL INFORMATION! Imagine I called to an unknown person but not realised then talked about personal information... The unknown receiver can see my email/phone number when received my FaceTime call, whilst I have no idea who that is.

iPhone XR

Posted on May 30, 2020 11:01 AM

4 replies

May 30, 2020 11:11 AM in response to Shyo

Please contact Apple Support.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  3. To contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Try Some Troubleshooting?

1. Restart:  Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears. Also, see Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.
  2. Reset:  Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). Also, see iPhone, iPad, iPod touch- Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting.
  3. Restore:  Connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory. Also, see Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings and If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple.

For help with the above on later models, including iPhone 7, 7s, 8 or later, iPad Pro 11" and iPad Pro 12.9" models, please refer to If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

If all else fails then make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

May 30, 2020 11:56 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for reminding. Checked the contact detail of my partner, there is an old number that my partner used many years ago when travelling abroad and I didn’t delete it in my partner’s contact. Never noticed it as I cannot tell what number I am calling from the FaceTime Interface and never had this issue for years until that old number might be disabled and assigned to a new customer recently. It would be good if FaceTime can show which number is call to.

Huge concerns on a FaceTime bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.