Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I noticed that there are many new songs added to the “recently added songs list” although I did not add them

Hey,

I am have a really weird issue for a couple of weeks now and I can’t figure it out. I have Apple Music subscription set up and use it on multiple devices for a few years now. Until about 2 weeks ago it worked perfectly, all synced great and my music library was very organized.

Suddenly, I noticed that there are many new songs added to the “recently added songs list” although I did not add them, definitely not recently. It got even more weird when a few days after I deleted them they reappeared (the exact same songs).

can someone please Help me to figure it out?

Thanks in advance

Victor

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 30, 2020 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 8:12 AM

Ok so I figured it out,

it is the Shazam App that is automatically adding the entire Shazam’s search history and if you delete it. It’ll re-add them.

the fix is to disable the Auto add to Apple Music in the Shazam settings.

Similar questions

6 replies

Jun 1, 2020 1:37 PM in response to Leanne_68

Hey,

Thanks for replying,

Yes, I do sync it through all my devices but no one else has access.

i just looked again and now I can see even more songs that were added to the recently added songs list (About 30-40 songs). Some of them I do recognize as songs I added a really long time ago and others I don’t even remember of adding them. In any case these songs should not appear on the recently added list.

the weirdest thing is that a few days after I deleted these songs they all popped back to the recently added songs.

I did go over other peoples’ issues from the past few days and it seems as other people are having the same problems.

I noticed that there are many new songs added to the “recently added songs list” although I did not add them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.