Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why wont my iPad play sound from a website

It says it mutes the website because it auto plays the sounds and blocks the sound and it irritates me because it has been a problem and some good websites can’t change it so it’s muted they should make allow auto play sound an option but it’s not been changed and now it’s 13.3 and it’s been a problem for months

Posted on May 30, 2020 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 1:22 PM

Hello blue215,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that Safari is blocking the autoplay of sound. I can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question. It is an article explaining how to turn autoplay off, but you just need to select on instead of off when you get to that step.

Stop autoplay videos in Safari on Mac

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 1:22 PM in response to blue215

Hello blue215,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that Safari is blocking the autoplay of sound. I can certainly help you with this!

This article will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question. It is an article explaining how to turn autoplay off, but you just need to select on instead of off when you get to that step.

Stop autoplay videos in Safari on Mac

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

Jun 1, 2020 3:57 PM in response to blue215

blue215,

Thank you for the additional information regarding your device.

The Mac guide for autoplay was provided due to the post being in a discussion for Safari on Mac.

Do you mind providing what content is not autoplaying? There are some websites/media websites that disable autoplay themselves for the browser i.e. YouTube.

Cheers.

Jun 2, 2020 4:07 PM in response to ryane77

It is pretty much factory settings already but there are other people that have the same problem, iOS changed some things on the iOS 13 update and things that have sound start right away it mutes it for no reason even YouTube had to change there browser edition so it wouldn’t be messed up is there a setting that I can change to fix my audio problem on my game.

Why wont my iPad play sound from a website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.