Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Ipad

My IPad is connected to the internet,but I cannot update. I’ve turned the device and reconnected to the internet. But still cannot update. What can I do ?

iPad Air, iOS 11

Posted on May 30, 2020 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 9:16 PM

It is going to depend on the model of you iPad Mini. If you are trying to update and when you go to the update section in settings you see that it says “Up to date” and it doesn’t have the most recent version of iOS then your device is older and is not going to be able to update any further then it already is. That being said, if you have an iPad Mini 1st Generation you are only going to be able to update it to iOS 9.3.5. If you have a 2nd or 3rd Generation iPad Mini you are going to only be able to update it to iOS 12.4.6. If you have a 4th Generation iPad Mini then you’ll be able to update that iPad to the newest version of iPadOS. Without knowing which version you have exactly it’s not possible to determine if you aren’t able to update, however, you will know based on which version you have and if you get the message telling you it’s up to date, then you have the most current version that device is capable of running.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 9:16 PM in response to Tubby06

It is going to depend on the model of you iPad Mini. If you are trying to update and when you go to the update section in settings you see that it says “Up to date” and it doesn’t have the most recent version of iOS then your device is older and is not going to be able to update any further then it already is. That being said, if you have an iPad Mini 1st Generation you are only going to be able to update it to iOS 9.3.5. If you have a 2nd or 3rd Generation iPad Mini you are going to only be able to update it to iOS 12.4.6. If you have a 4th Generation iPad Mini then you’ll be able to update that iPad to the newest version of iPadOS. Without knowing which version you have exactly it’s not possible to determine if you aren’t able to update, however, you will know based on which version you have and if you get the message telling you it’s up to date, then you have the most current version that device is capable of running.

Update Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.