Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just had a software update to Catalina 10.15.5 and it is now so SLOW. How do I go back to before the update?

Just had a software update to Catalina 10.15.5 and it is now so SLOW. How do I go back to before the update?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 30, 2020 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 11:42 PM

Since you have just updated the mac is probably re indexing its Spotlight database, this can take a while depending on how much data you have or have external HDs connected, be patient, while it is doing this there will be a drop in performance.

The only way to go back to 10.15.4 is to boot to your Recovery HD erase your disk and reinstall using Time Machine or other back or clone you made prior to updating.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 11:42 PM in response to roncalv

Since you have just updated the mac is probably re indexing its Spotlight database, this can take a while depending on how much data you have or have external HDs connected, be patient, while it is doing this there will be a drop in performance.

The only way to go back to 10.15.4 is to boot to your Recovery HD erase your disk and reinstall using Time Machine or other back or clone you made prior to updating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.