Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get a pop up when i wake up the computer to install Java SDK, and then a link to adobe for more info.

When i wake up the computer there is a popup asking me to install a Java SDK. How do i get rid of it. The link takes me to Adobe acrobat where there is no download option for the Java SDK.

This is a brand new MacBook Pro running catalina. I just migrated my files from my old computer.

thanks

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 31, 2020 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 8:58 PM

This link below fixed the problem

i needed to delete the facebook plist on Library/launchAgents

https://www.wintips.org/how-to-fix-to-use-the-java-command-line-tool-you-need-to-install-a-jdk-mac-os-x/

10 replies

May 31, 2020 6:13 PM in response to Ross Dehovitz1

Ross Dehovitz1 wrote:

No. As I said, I migrated to the new mac without any applications from the old mac. I have not downloaded any adobe apps during this process. i have facebook through my browser but no downloaded program.

Yeah, well that doesn't jive with the popup dialog. Java is not installed on macOS and it doesn't call anything that would ask for Java.

You may think you did a "clean install," whatever that means, but you didn't achieve what you think.

I get a pop up when i wake up the computer to install Java SDK, and then a link to adobe for more info.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.