Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t create Apple ID for child - get error message ‘that email address contains invalid characters’

I’m trying to create an Apple ID for my son, so he can use Apple Music on family sharing.

When I try to create an ID I get all the way through the process and past the T&C’s and each time get the same error

I am using a brand new iCloud address for him, a mix of letters and numbers, so no idea why I can’t complete the process.

any ideas?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 31, 2020 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 9:58 AM

See if anything here helps.

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create        

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.    

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support. Based on multiple posts I have read, they may not be willing to help. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2020 9:58 AM in response to Icklepiggle

See if anything here helps.

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create        

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.    

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support. Based on multiple posts I have read, they may not be willing to help. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Can’t create Apple ID for child - get error message ‘that email address contains invalid characters’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.