Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

blood pressure

Is there an app available for my watch series 5 to show blood pressure?B

Posted on May 31, 2020 11:13 AM

7 replies

May 31, 2020 1:44 PM in response to APPLE-NUT

Blood pressure is measured by constricting the blood flow by applying pneumatic pressure to an arm cuff or a finger stall , then gradually releasing it, noting the pressure at which the pulse is detected and then the pressure at which the device becomes too loose to detect the pressure. You have to be at rest to take it it to get a sensible reading. and keep still while it's being measured, and the device should be more or less at the level of your heart. You can see from all this that it's not something that you will be able to do with a watch.

May 31, 2020 1:53 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Many thanks for your advice. Yes, that is exactly what I have been using for the blood pressure measurement. However, my friend who has heart trouble told me that his watch can check also his blood pressure in addition to the heart beat. I am an old guy and the regular checking of blood pressure is also needed. If the Apple Watch can also show this figure, then I don't have to do the measurement separately.

blood pressure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.