You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't verify my email address

I just upgraded to a paid iCloud account. My apple ID is my gmail email address. It works whenever I want to download an app, etc. I can't log into my iCloud account to manage it, however, because when I'm asked to verify my email address and a verification code is sent to it, the iCloud website won't accept the code because "This email address is not available. Choose a different address." This doesn't make sense. Help?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 31, 2020 12:54 PM

4 replies

May 31, 2020 5:15 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks for replying.

What I mean is I had a free, smaller iCloud account and I upgraded to a 200GB, $3/mo account.

I went to the link you gave and I'm having the same problem there: I'm asked to verify my email address with a code, I retrieve the code from my email and enter it at the website, and I get the same error message, "This email address is not available. Choose a different address."

May 31, 2020 7:08 PM in response to mahastew

The Apple ID created with gmail account say example1@gmail.com was permanently deleted from the gmail server , and if the account was set up with secondary authentication , the administrator can’t sign with iCloud account.

Sign in with rescue mail address of secondary authentication account , in gmail account ( enter the password ) , click on personal info .

Click on edit , and tried to add a new trusted number .

And can't further move , the bell icon will shake and stop and if you click on send the code that will go to the old trusted number that is inactive .

Click on more ways to verify , it again prompted to enter rescue mail address and password , Scroll down and click on account recovery icon , then add a new trusted number and click on next , the trusted number will add , the trick was using the rescue mail address that was attached to the primary mail address .

See the article https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/7682439?hl=en

Can't verify my email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.