Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to enter on Facebook app or on Facebook by Safari, the page doesn't load

On my Ipad, when I try to enter on Facebook app or on Facebook by Safari, the page doesn't load and Safari show me "Safari can't open the page because the secure connection at the server is failed"

What I have to do to use Facebook? I cancel the chronology and the cookies, but that doesn't resolve the problem.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air, iOS 10

Posted on May 31, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 11:18 PM

Does this happen on all WiFi connections? Sometimes it may be something with the connection you have being refused access along the way. Try it on another connection and see if you get the same thing. Otherwise you can always try deleting the app and installing it again, but be aware that if you have an older device and not so updated iOS because you can’t get it on that device, you may not be able to install it again

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2020 11:18 PM in response to alessandra95

Does this happen on all WiFi connections? Sometimes it may be something with the connection you have being refused access along the way. Try it on another connection and see if you get the same thing. Otherwise you can always try deleting the app and installing it again, but be aware that if you have an older device and not so updated iOS because you can’t get it on that device, you may not be able to install it again

Jun 1, 2020 3:13 AM in response to alessandra95

Try changing the DNS Settings for your current WiFi connection.

Change from your current settings to one of these DNS providers (both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are listed here - enter all addresses for the chosen provider unless your network connection will not accept them):

Quad9 (recommended)

2620:fe::fe

2620:fe::9

OpenDNS

2620:0:ccc::2

2620:0:ccd::2

Cloudflare+APNIC

2606:4700:4700::1111

2606:4700:4700::1001

Change the DNS Settings here:

Settings > WiFi > [Your WiFi Network name] - tap the “i” icon

Scroll down to Configure DNS - change from Automatic to Manual - replace any existing entries with those of one listed provider.

When I try to enter on Facebook app or on Facebook by Safari, the page doesn't load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.