Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse pointer randomly disappears....

Anyone know why & how I can fix it so it stops happening????

Mac Pro

Posted on May 31, 2020 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 9:24 PM

I'm not sure why it would be dissapperaing randomly. But there's an accessibility setting that can help you find it, if that's a solution you want to check out.

Go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Display, There's a checkbox you can tick that says: Shake Mouse Pointer to Locate

When you turn that on, you can jiggle your mouse or touch your trackpad and the pointer will magnify temporarily so that you can see it more clearly.

Maybe that helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2020 9:24 PM in response to A-J-Chick

I'm not sure why it would be dissapperaing randomly. But there's an accessibility setting that can help you find it, if that's a solution you want to check out.

Go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Display, There's a checkbox you can tick that says: Shake Mouse Pointer to Locate

When you turn that on, you can jiggle your mouse or touch your trackpad and the pointer will magnify temporarily so that you can see it more clearly.

Maybe that helps.

Mouse pointer randomly disappears....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.