Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone XR not charging

My iphone XR is not charging. I have tried hard reset and have reset it after erasing all content and settings but nothing worked. It wouldn't connect to my mac as well. So now because of no battery it has shut down. How to fix this?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 3:12 AM

Sorry to hear about your issue, have tried different official lighting cables to rule out it's not a faulty cable?

Also look closely at the port to see if it needs to be cleaned (I had this issue before with dust building up in my iPhone X port)

If no luck with that, it will be most likely be a faulty charge port / battery.

You could attempt to purchase a wireless charger to see if that will charge your iPhone XR (also it would prove the battery isn't faulty and it's a faulty charge port)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 3:12 AM in response to SC0728

Sorry to hear about your issue, have tried different official lighting cables to rule out it's not a faulty cable?

Also look closely at the port to see if it needs to be cleaned (I had this issue before with dust building up in my iPhone X port)

If no luck with that, it will be most likely be a faulty charge port / battery.

You could attempt to purchase a wireless charger to see if that will charge your iPhone XR (also it would prove the battery isn't faulty and it's a faulty charge port)

iphone XR not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.