Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipad Pro (2020) cannot record voices but other sounds

I’ve been using this Ipad for about a month and I’ve just found out that it does not record with voices included (while using voice memos or any apps with voice recording feature), except for other surrounding random sounds

Siri is still working properly with “hey siri”, and no similar issue with video recording.

This is a very strange proplem I have ever experienced

Any explanation or information are much obliged.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 10:52 AM

After struggling for solution, It was the screen protector. The sound cannot goes in the microphone because it was blocked by it.

5 replies

Jun 1, 2020 9:07 AM in response to vonhathieu

I own an iPadPro (2019 model) and I can't reproduce that issue. Listening to a voice memo recording I can hear every sound that goes to the mic.

Not sure if this article (related to model 2020) is relevant:--> Hardware microphone disconnect in Mac and iPad - Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case, I would suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

My Ipad Pro (2020) cannot record voices but other sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.