Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Crashing

I can open Calendar no problem. But any click I make in the app and the app closes. This started after a Siri suggestion for a flight I had but now I can't make any changes or click anywhere without Calendars closing. Any time I create a new event (sometimes I can) and Calendars closes, when I reopen the app, it reopens to the editing of that event and there are 6-8 alert options listed. Screenshot is attached.

I have cleared my cache multiple times. Calendar works just fine on my iPad and iPhone.

MacBook

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:16 PM

Good afternoon gdub04,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having issues with the Calendar app on your Mac. It sounds like the event indicated above is stuck and needs to be deleted. I'm assuming this event is not showing on your iOS devices?

Try the following steps to delete this event:

Force Quit the Calendar application - How to force an app to quit on your Mac

1. Open System Preferences from the  menu and choose Siri > Siri Suggestions & Privacy
  2. Remove the checkmark from in front of "Show Siri Suggestions in App" and "Learn from this App"
  3. Click Done.

Restart your Mac in safe mode - How to use safe mode on your Mac

See if you are able to delete this event while in safe mode - Add, modify, or delete events in Calendar on Mac

If you are successful, restart your computer normally.

Update your computer to macOS 15.5.5 - How to update the software on your Mac

Restart your Mac to refresh it and reestablish an internet connection.

Try creating a new event on your Mac.

Please reply to this thread if the issue persists after trying the steps above, and I'll do my best to help you with this!

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 8:16 PM in response to gdub04

Good afternoon gdub04,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having issues with the Calendar app on your Mac. It sounds like the event indicated above is stuck and needs to be deleted. I'm assuming this event is not showing on your iOS devices?

Try the following steps to delete this event:

Force Quit the Calendar application - How to force an app to quit on your Mac

1. Open System Preferences from the  menu and choose Siri > Siri Suggestions & Privacy
  2. Remove the checkmark from in front of "Show Siri Suggestions in App" and "Learn from this App"
  3. Click Done.

Restart your Mac in safe mode - How to use safe mode on your Mac

See if you are able to delete this event while in safe mode - Add, modify, or delete events in Calendar on Mac

If you are successful, restart your computer normally.

Update your computer to macOS 15.5.5 - How to update the software on your Mac

Restart your Mac to refresh it and reestablish an internet connection.

Try creating a new event on your Mac.

Please reply to this thread if the issue persists after trying the steps above, and I'll do my best to help you with this!

Take care.

Calendar Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.