Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charger doesn't reach the end of charging port

what can I do? all of a sudden my charger reaches only almost half of the port so obviously i won't be able to recharge the my ipad till i resolve this problem. can anybody help me?

iPad, 9

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 4:33 PM

See the information here, especially the part about checking and cleaning the charging port. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

2 replies

Jun 1, 2020 5:13 PM in response to dollybaby0421

Sounds like you might have some sort of debris in the port that is preventing the charger from settling all the way into the port. Do not use compressed air to try to clean it out as Apple suggests against this. Your best bet is to take a toothpick and try to get down inside the port and clean it out and make sure all debris is removed so you can get the charger to sit all the way in the port and charge your iPad.

charger doesn't reach the end of charging port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.