Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Videos is mising from 12.10.73

I am trying to find Home Videos on my latest itunes update. It has disappeared. I went online, but I cannot find a Home Videos tab anywhere with any of the information I have found. Thank you!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 4:49 AM

The Home Videos section of the library may currently be hidden. To access it go to the Movies section, enable the sidebar, then click the word Edit that should appear to the right of the word Library at the top of the sidebar if you move the cursor there. Put a tick next to Home Videos, then click Done.

tt2

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2020 4:49 AM in response to TVRR

The Home Videos section of the library may currently be hidden. To access it go to the Movies section, enable the sidebar, then click the word Edit that should appear to the right of the word Library at the top of the sidebar if you move the cursor there. Put a tick next to Home Videos, then click Done.

tt2

Jun 4, 2020 12:29 AM in response to TVRR

See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community for general advice on corrupt libraries.

See Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community to reclaim media from your device if required.

I've just updated here and I'm seeing Home Videos in my library. It is perhaps possible the option isn't listed where there are no videos in the library that have been designated as Home Videos.

tt2

Jun 3, 2020 11:45 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi turingtest2,

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately, that's the problem, there is not a Home Videos tab when I click the edit button on my computer. There are only 4 tabs: Recently Added, Movies, Genres, and Downloaded.

So then I reloaded itunes on my computer thinking the tab would repopulate if I loaded a new version. But I effectively erased all my music and I still don't have a tab for Home Videos on my computer.

And then, of course, I will have to figure out how to get all my music from my ipod 160GB back on my computer.

Thank you very much in advance, for your help.

Troy

Jun 4, 2020 12:55 AM in response to turingtest2

Tt2,

Now that you mention it, there was an old file in my Home Videos which I deleted. And then the Home Videos completely disappeared. The question is how do I get a video back into Home Videos, if there's no tab to put it in?

I believe in the past there was always a tab, but I'm wondering now how I access that missing tab? That's why I reloaded the program and erased all my data. I thought the Home Videos tab was always there.

Thanks,

TVRR

Jun 10, 2020 10:15 PM in response to turingtest2

Turingtest2,

Sorry, it has taken me so long to get back to you. I am working on a Masters and had to turn in a 28 page paper, so my iTunes issues had to be put on the back burner.

Thank you for all your information! It helped a lot! I got all my music back on the computer iTunes. For whatever reason, I now have identical iTunes icons on my computer desktop. Should I simply delete one of them?

Should I change anything with the sync between my computer iTunes and the iTunes on the ipod Classic? I haven't touched anything since the transfer of files using your information.

And I still can't access Home Videos in either of the iTunes on my desktop. Do I have to purchase a movie to get it into my Movies icon so I can access Home Videos? I tried dragging an MP4 movie in it, like I used to do with the Home Video's, but it will not accept the file.

Any suggestions?

Thank you again for all your help. I seriously could not have gotten iTunes back without your help.

Troy

Jun 10, 2020 10:40 PM in response to turingtest2

Turingtest2,

Great news! I somehow managed to get a movie into iTunes and onto my iPad! I think I copied as opposed to drop and drag, which is what I used to do. Now I have to find a minute or two of something to put in Home Videos so I can make space for 4 movies at a time, like i used to. I currently have a 2+ hour movie in Home Videos and that is going to take up too much space, not to mention that i might accidentally delete it. They can only by MP4's no AVI's or other formats?

My other questions in the other post still stand. Lol.

Thanks!

Troy

Jun 12, 2020 4:52 AM in response to TVRR

TVRR wrote:

Thank you for all your information! It helped a lot! I got all my music back on the computer iTunes. For whatever reason, I now have identical iTunes icons on my computer desktop. Should I simply delete one of them?

Yes, delete the older one.

Should I change anything with the sync between my computer iTunes and the iTunes on the ipod Classic? I haven't touched anything since the transfer of files using your information.

If you have all of the media that is on the classic in your library now and it plays properly then you should be free to make changes to the sync selections for your device knowing that nothing will be lost even if iTunes throws up an erase and sync notice.

tt2

Home Videos is mising from 12.10.73

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.