Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages

Hello. I transferred my text messages from my phone to my new one. The texts were then erased from the old iPhone and now there gone from my new phone. How do I recover them

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 10:45 PM

Probably you did not transfer messages (Because there is no transfer feature) you synced your messages with iCloud.

Now if you have deleted messages on your old iPhone which was synced to iCloud then it surely would have warned you that the messages will be deleted on all devices and iCloud.

Delete a message or conversation

When you delete a message or conversation, you can't get it back. So make sure that you save important information from your messages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 10:45 PM in response to tieast208

Probably you did not transfer messages (Because there is no transfer feature) you synced your messages with iCloud.

Now if you have deleted messages on your old iPhone which was synced to iCloud then it surely would have warned you that the messages will be deleted on all devices and iCloud.

Delete a message or conversation

When you delete a message or conversation, you can't get it back. So make sure that you save important information from your messages.

Text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.