Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Windows 10 (version 2004) bluetooth

As the new version 2004 of Windows 10 was offered as update on my iMac Pro (2017) I thought I might give it a try. Microsoft asked to update the AMD driver first. Turned out to be a minor update for the special bootcamp version. And after a while Windows was running.

Just a bluetooth problem was left. I used the original bluetooth Apple Keyboard, Mouse and Trackpad before. Not working at all. Used USB connection for Keyboard and a different Mouse for Login. Completely unexpected, if I am honest, everything else seems to work!

I can connect all three bluetooth devices (after disconnecting the USB for the keyboard) and they all work very nice - but only as long as the window to look for new bluetooth devices is still open. After this window is closed a few seconds later all bluetooth devices are dead, although shown to be connected. If you open the bluetooth devices search window again they work again without any further action (just touching/moving the devices).

Microsoft reported bluetooth problems (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004#381msgdesc) connecting more than one device for Realtek bluetooth. But here we have Broadcom on the iMac Pro.

So I tried to repair Boot Camp (support software 7866 was downloaded). Boot Camp starts to prepare the installation and after a while stoops with "Error BootCampService.exe" You may click OK and then restart Windows. Apparently nothing was changed. The procedure may easily be reproduced.

The Device Manager has no complaints. Drivers seem to be up to date. And there seem to be no unusual events except the errors that used to be there on the iMac with previous versions of Windows.

Any ideas or help beyond "You should wait" would be appreciated.

(Cf. https://communities.apple.com/de/thread/251419276 for a German version of this contribution.)

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 1:33 AM

I had similar problems. What I did was updating my "Broadcom Serial Bus Driver".

You can find this one by selecting "Devices by connection" under the view menu.

Then it somehow did what it was supposed to do.

Let me know if it works out or not for you.

Similar questions

10 replies

Jun 3, 2020 6:27 AM in response to Kujo_Araragi

Thank you very much, Kujo_Araragi.

This hint solved my problem. Your detailed description where to look for the relevant Broadcom driver was very helpful. "Update Driver", remove (to have a clean situation) and activate the Bluetooth devices and everything is OK. Actually, with the Apple BT keyboard I had to remove and connect again after rebooting while I used a different USB keyboard for login (to avoid confusion with the Apple BT keyboard switching from USB to BT connection as this seemed to be a problem). But then the Apple BT keyboard survived further booting.

Great support!

PS: Just a comment. As Broadcom came with the Apple iMac Pro I would have expected that Apple Software Update cared for the Broadcom driver. OK, I am naive.

Jun 3, 2020 11:14 AM in response to VOGH

VOGH wrote:

PS: Just a comment. As Broadcom came with the Apple iMac Pro I would have expected that Apple Software Update cared for the Broadcom driver. OK, I am naive.

The line that Apple has drawn is based on OS. macOS is managed by Apple, while Windows, once the base drivers are installed, is being slowly pushed to the OS vendor. Apple Software Update will narrow itself down to Apple-specific hardware (VID 0x5AC). They have done this AMD, NVIDIA, Intel GPU, etc.,. Broadcom builds custom solutions, and is still in this 'hybrid' state.

Jul 4, 2020 12:50 PM in response to VOGH

I am having trouble updating the drivers. I just used Boot Camp Assistant yesterday to install Windows 10 (version 2004) and the broadcom over uart file that it included was the 2017 version and not the 2018 update. I was able to download the 2018 version that seems to be working for others, but how do I actually install the driver once I have the cab file downloaded?

Boot Camp Windows 10 (version 2004) bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.